Thursday, June 26, 2008

Art for a Cause



(Courtesy Galleria on Third)

Tonight, some colleagues of mine and a friend who is visiting from Atlanta (and moving here in a few months!) went to Galleria on Third - a frame shop and part-time art gallery in Murray Hill. Every few months, the owner Shadin Hossain, hosts an art show, with 100% of the proceeds going to various charities like World Vision and The Smile Train. (Read more about Shadin's heart for the poor in this New York Daily News article from October 2007.)

There were several photographers featured, but the focus of the show was a photographer who has taken several Vision Trips with World Vision and has photographed her travels along the way. Leah Cornwell has some incredible pictures from her trips to the Galapagos Islands, Africa, and Peru, among others.


(Courtesy Leah Cornwell Photography)

If I had $(cough-cough), I would've bought one of her "Bloom, Floral Composites" pictures. They are beautiful!

Instead, I brought some artwork I bought in Bangkok, and Shadin is going to frame those for us. But if you're in the market for some great photography for your home, check it out! You'll get a great piece of art, and children around the world will benefit from your donation to World Vision's work.

No comments: