The trip was all about food. Where could we find the best, off-the-beaten path hamburgers, lobster, or ice cream? That treasure hunt just about sums up every day of our trip.
And, oh yeah, I beat Brian at putt-putt golf.
First stop: Swanky Frank's in Norwalk, CT. Recommended to us - by of all people - the Avis rental car manager in Stamford, CT. They are only open from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., so that should tell you something about how good the burgers are.
Brian had lobster FOUR nights in a row on vacation. In Maine, lobster is as easy to come by as a hotdog in a bun in Yankee Stadium!
The New York Times recommended the Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound if you're in Bar Harbor, ME. The 1 hour+ wait was worth it!
Maine is also about stopping to smell the roses, er, wildflowers...
Our first bed and breakfast - the Claremont Hotel in Southwest Harbor, ME. Highly recommend it.
The dock leading out into Somes Sound (America's only fjord!) behind the Claremont Hotel.
On top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Forest. You can see Bar Harbor in the background.
Sea kayaking
I made us pull over to take a picture. Maybe someday??
Oh, I almost forgot to mention. I beat Brian at putt-putt golf. Next try, B!
And our last stop before NYC - Louis' Lunch in New Haven, CT. Supposedly the first hamburger in the United States. If you can get past the women behind the counter screaming at you for your order, the burgers are pretty good!

1 comment:
You inspired me to blog again! I really enjoy reading your blog. Love the "check of to do in NYC" list!
Post a Comment