Saturday night, Cory, Carrie, Brian and I went out to a great Mediterranean wine bar in Hell's Kitchen called Kashkaval (translation: sheep's milk cheese. I mean, if you opened a restaurant, would you call it "Feta?")
Anyway, the food was great. Tapas. Fondue. Turkey meatballs and orzo. Yumm!
Afterward, I suggested heading over to the Upper East Side for a drink at The Carlyle Hotel's famed Bemelmans Bar. The bar is named after Ludwig Bemelman, the creator of the Madeline books and the artist who painted the mural that wraps around the entire bar.
It is supposedly the home to UES socialites, politicians, and the occasional visit by Harry Truman back in the day. I should've guessed it was going to cost us a bit more than a beer at the local pub.
$(cough, cough) later - we had an amazing night. I'd say it was worth the cost - and the week's worth of Ramen noodles we've all been eating for dinner ever since then.
Still smiling - even after the bill came!
The Craig Gillespie Trio played all night long - he sounded just like Frank Sinatra - and he even played "New York, New York" just before we left. I had a little moment with New York that night.
Thanks, Cory and Carrie!

No comments:
Post a Comment