Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Boston Marathon Weekend - Better Late Than Never!

This April marked the 113th Boston Marathon - and our first here in Boston. In my mind, nothing can top that first Sunday in November when 37,000 people run the New York City Marathon, but this was a close second!



Our friend Tim and his girlfriend Stephanie came up to Boston - and Tim even brought his own homemade pasta sauce so we could all carb load together two nights before the race. Not sure I needed to eat more carbs than the guy running 26.2 miles that weekend - but yummmmm.



Tim's famous secret sauce, er, I mean, "gravy" for all you New York Italians



The Team World Vision folks and I grabbed a nice warm cup of coffee and arrived at the finish line around 7 a.m. to get a good spot to watch Ryan Hall compete. He was the top American heading into the race - and he loves World Vision, too! He and his wife, Sara, are awesome.







Watching the elite runners out on the course before the came to us at Mile 26. Ryan ended up finishing 3rd - great job!

No comments: