Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Going to Haiti...and Then Back Again

In the whirlwind early morning hours of January 13, I learned I would be on the next plane to Haiti, packed my bags for the deployment, booked a one-way ticket with an unknown return date, and said goodbye to my husband who was on a flight later that day to Uganda for a month-long course on social medicine and global health. Phew!

* * *

Flash forward a month. I'm back in Boston, expecting a blizzard this afternoon, and trying to catch my breath after a crazy busy month of work. Double phew!

Am grateful to be safe and to be home with my husband again - but am also grateful for the opportunity to work with World Vision and travel to Haiti, to help give a voice to the voiceless there. Hoping to post more pics soon, but here are just a few.









No comments: