This is a favorite quote from a friend of mine, and when I stumbled across it today, I had to share! What a wonderful example of the standards godly women like Ruth Bell Graham set for all of us as single women and as wives!
“If I marry, he must be so tall when he is on his knees, as one has said, he reaches all the way to Heaven. His shoulders must be broad enough to bear the burden of a family. His lips must be strong enough to smile, firm enough to say no, and tender enough to kiss. His love must be so deep that it takes its stand in Christ and so wide that it takes in the whole world. He must be
big enough to be gentle and great enough to be thoughtful. His arms must
be strong enough to carry a little child.”
Reminds me of B, too. Thank you for being a great husband and friend, B!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment