Monday, June 14, 2010

Marriage is like "Love and War"

For those of you who are already fans of "Wild at Heart" or "Captivating," I am absolutely recommending the Eldredge's new book, "Love & War," even though I'm only 40 pages into it!

I was wandering around the Arnold Arboretum this weekend, journaling and praying and thinking about life stuff, when I started reading their book on marriage. This is a real, honest, thought-provoking book that will challenge you! It's already challenged me to rethink what marriage looks like - and how I can be a better wife to Brian.

"God uses marriage to bring us the possibility of the deepest joys in life; Satan tries to use it for destruction. Without you, your spouse will not become the man or woman that God intends him or her to be and the Kingdom of God will not advance as it is meant to advance. Your spouse plays the most vital role in your life. You play the most critical role in your spouse's life. No one will have a greater impact on your spouse's soul than you. No one has greater access to your spouse's heart than you. This is an enormous honor. Pause a moment; take a deep breath. Let that reality sink in a little deeper...You are only holy ground. You matter more than you thought."

WHOA.

No comments: