I've been looking around for Spanish classes in San Jose, but most of the classes are offered for 3-4 hours a day for one month of intensive language classes. That would be great if I was down here drinking mojitos and sitting on the beach all day, but I still have to work!
So, a colleague here recommended that I try Spanish lessons on Skype - great idea! I found a website called VerbalPlanet.com, and tonight I had my first lesson (the first one is free!) with an instructor from Buenos Aires. Right off the bat, I told her I was obsessed with the idea of traveling to Argentina to drink their wine and learn how to tango, and then she told me that she was surprised I was American because my accent was so good. Ha! I'm sure she's just being nice so I'll sign up to be her student, but I have a feeling we'll be friends =)
I've scheduled weekly lessons every week for the rest of the year in the hope that one day, I may actually be mistaken for a Tica on the phone! Fingers crossed.
14 years ago

1 comment:
You are so cute! I am excited for you and the spanish lessons, what a great idea!
Post a Comment