Sunday, November 28, 2010

¡El encanto de la Navidad!

This afternoon, while B was out for a bike ride, I walked over to CENAC (Centro Nacional de la Cultura) for their annual Christmas festival.  A little weird to be walking around in the sunshine and sweating while listening to Christmas music, but it was fun!


They had arts and crafts and an acapella group that sang some fun Christmas songs in Spanish (and a few in English) including:


"Rodolfo el Reno de la Nariz Roja"  (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
"Noche de Paz" (Silent Night)
"El niño del tambor" (The Little Drummer Boy)




I also bought a tamal, the most popular Christmas dish here in Costa Rica.  It's a dish made with yuca, eggs, cornmeal, chicken, vegetables, cheese, salt, sugar,  garlic and sweet cream. I'm hoping to get invited to una tamalada (a tamale-making party) to learn how to make them this year. 



We're getting ready to head out for B's birthday dinner tonight (¡Feliz cumpleaños, mi amor!) at La Luz, but I'll tell you how los tamales taste tomorrow!

No comments: