Things have settled a bit here. We've gotten into a routine with my job and Spanish classes twice a week in the evening, Brian has started running again, and life has settled into a bit of a rhythm. Nice when that happens sometimes, isn't it?
Because there isn't much to talk about when it comes to grocery shopping or doing the laundry, I thought I'd give you a two-for-one by working on my Spanish homework and blogging at the same time! Bonus.
So, today, you get to learn the following new phrases along with me:
estar la culpa de ______: to take the blame for _____
"El esta la culpa de la cena mala."
"He is to blame for the bad dinner."
estar ganas de: to look forward to something
"Estoy ganas del viaje por mi cumpleaños."
"I am looking forward to the trip for my birthday."
estar de pie: to be on foot
"Cada día, estoy de pie desde mi apartamento, arriba el cerro, a mi oficina."
"Every day, I walk on foot from my apartment, up the hill, to my office."
estar de regreso: to be back
"No puedo esperar que estar de regreso a mi casa."
"I cannot wait to be back to my home."
tener miedo: to be afraid
"Tenía miedo de caer cuando fui rapelling sobre un puente 40 metros en al aire."
"I was afraid to fall when we went rapelling over a bridge 40 meters in the air."
tener razón: to be correct
"El profesor tuvó razón cuando dijó que uno más dos es igual a tres."
"The professor was correct when he said one plus two equals three."
hacer bien/mal: to be upset/pleased
"Me hace mal cuando no duermo."
"I am upset when I do not sleep."
haber que + infinitivo: to have to + verb (impersonal)
"Hay que practicar para ponerse mejor."
"You have to practice in order to get better."
tener que + infinitivo: to have to + verb (personal)
"La semana pasada, tuvimos que trabajar mucho."
"Last week, we had to work a lot."
And if you want any more Spanish lessons today, I'll direct you to my amiga, Dora la Exploradora. ¡Nos vemos!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment