Monday, December 13, 2010

Festival de la Luz

Every year, Costa Rica has a big Christmas parade called La Festival de la Luz (The Festival of Light).  This year, I thought it would be fun to walk to the park and watch, but I had no idea how popular it would be!  When I arrived, it was around 4 p.m., and the parade didn't start until 6.  But the sidewalks were already 5-6 people deep on both sides!


I wandered around for a bit and ended up finding the beginning of the parade; people were putting final touches on the floats, dancers were spinning and twirling in their glittery, colorful costumes, and the bands were practicing one last time. It was fun to see it all! 


I took a few shots with my phone, but you can see some better pictures here at La Nacion or here at Costa Rica News.







No comments: