Friday night, a friend invited me to venture around Heredia, about 20 minutes north of San Jose, to try this Spanish restaurant called, La Lluna de Valencia, with some of her friends. I was feeling pretty wiped out from the week, but after coming home, finding the electric gate not working, and realizing I had no way to get in to my apartment and nothing else to do, I said sure, and I am SO glad I went out with her. (PS: long story short - I did eventually get inside my house. Thank you, Lord!)
After briefly getting lost (I've gotten used to that every time I drive now!), we found it - and what an experience it was! The chef and co-owner, Vicente Aguilar, is a C-H-A-R-A-C-T-E-R. He sings along with the live music, talks to everyone in the room at each of the 20 or so tables, and really knows how to make a restaurant feel like a homey, family-style dinner!
We had excellent tapas (papas a la brava, pan con aceite de ajo, pulpa a la lluna), homemade paella, sweet sangria, and an incredible creme brulee that was carmelized right at our table. Delicioso!
Nearly five hours after we sat down, we finally made our way back home...great food, new friends. Fun way to spend a Friday night!
![]() |
| Serving the paella at our table |
![]() |
| Fresh seafood paella with mussel, clams, scallops, and shrimp |
![]() |
| Vicente shows everyone how to drink red wine from "la bota," from his nose into his mouth |
![]() |
| I give it a shot - fun! |





No comments:
Post a Comment