Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last day in Boston

Well, we've had a great time resting, working, laughing and exploring with our old and dear friends all around Boston over the past week! Tomorrow, I'll hop on the bus and make the 8-hour trip down to Washington, D.C. to work for a week out of our office down there.  I'll come back on the overnight bus Thursday night and then hop on a 2-leg flight from Boston to San Jose Friday afternoon with B.  (No fear, my Boston friends, I'll be back again June 27 - 29 to teach a half-day course at BU!).  We fly back *for good* from San Jose to Boston on July 31, but where we go from there is still a mystery...


"Rainy Day" (Columbus Avene, Boston), Childe Hassam (1859-1935)


It's a rainy, cozy day here in Beantown, and I've been curled up all morning with blankets, good music, and a cup of hazelnut coffee just catching up on life and listening to the rain on the roof. I realized last night that this is the first Saturday I've had to myself in 6 WEEKS! After a two-week trip to Thailand for work, my sister visiting (SO fun!), a wedding in MO (beautiful Ozark country!), and a conference on humanitarian aid at Tufts, it's no wonder I've been craving some quiet, rest time this weekend. It's.been.great. And it's made my heart long more for this city, our church, our community than I ever have before. But we will continue to wait and trust the Lord's direction in our lives...


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Augustana, "Boston"

No comments: