Saturday, July 16, 2011

The way to a man's heart....

...is through a Jello No-Bake Cheesecake.  In the midst of some of the stress of moving, starting over with friends and church and community, beginning medical school and just the general change that comes with our life in the next few weeks, we thought it'd be a nice idea to try something a friend of ours had suggested as a way to refocus our marriage on each other and the Lord, finding "100 Ways to Say I Love You." 


I loved this idea from the moment she told me about it, but you know how sometimes it takes husbands a little while longer to understand what it is you've been trying to drop hints about?


"B, wouldn't it be fun if we tried to do something like that?"


"Uh huh...." (Read: That sounds like a lot of work. Why are women so complicated?)


"I mean, it would be so romantic!"


"Yeah..." (Also known as the If-I-keep-nodding-eventually-she'll-stop-talking strategy).


All of a sudden, after a particularly stressful day last week, B turned to me and said "Hey, why don't we try that thing you wanted to do?" Nearly a year later, but hey! Better late then never, right?


Since we only have about two weeks left, we're doing the Reader's Digest version of this marriage challenge and have come up with "14 Ways to Say I Love You."


Today's "love letter" for my husband? His #1 request: Make me a dessert. 


Easy-peasy, 1, 2, 3...



...and an hour later, cherry cheesecake!


1 comment:

BG said...

Hey, I usually read your blog on my phone as I'm falling asleep (don't worry, that's when I read EVERYBODY's blog). Anyway, so I can't always comment. But I saw this one and had to comment. How did the cheesecake turn out? What did you do for him? How are the 14 days going??