Urban Ministries of Durham has put together an absolutely incredible online game to help teach people how difficult it is to live as a working poor family or single parent. Play Spent challenged all of my ideas of what it means to be poor:
If I was poor, I'd work three jobs to cover my bills.
If I was poor, I'd cut "extras" like cable or a cell phone to take care of my family.
If I was poor, I'd find ways to improve my education and eventually get a better job.
Try playing it. I dare you. See how far you get. My first try? I only made it to Day 12 before I lost all of my money for the month, had to hang up on the collection agency, and had to skip paying for my car registration in the hopes that I didn't get pulled over. What will you face?
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment