Throughout our journey of infertility, I found comfort in many things - but one thing that was particularly comforting to me was the story of Hannah in the Old Testament. In fact, one of the best books I read during our nearly 3-year journey was called "Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss."
Hannah was real. She was honest. She prayed and she wept and she negotiated with the Lord. She watched as women in her community celebrated the birth of their children, and she mourned. I liked this woman! As I read more about her story, I felt a connection to her - as I think many women going through infertility do - because she was so open about the roller coaster of emotions she felt over the years.
Finally, after many years, she discovered that was was indeed pregnant! Joy of joys. And the Scripture detailing that part of her life gives me chills sometimes. Her heart is what I pray my heart may be - open to God's will as we dedicate the life of our still-unborn child to Him.
1 Samuel 1: 27 - 28: 27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.
Hannah was real. She was honest. She prayed and she wept and she negotiated with the Lord. She watched as women in her community celebrated the birth of their children, and she mourned. I liked this woman! As I read more about her story, I felt a connection to her - as I think many women going through infertility do - because she was so open about the roller coaster of emotions she felt over the years.
Finally, after many years, she discovered that was was indeed pregnant! Joy of joys. And the Scripture detailing that part of her life gives me chills sometimes. Her heart is what I pray my heart may be - open to God's will as we dedicate the life of our still-unborn child to Him.
1 Samuel 1: 27 - 28: 27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.


3 comments:
I love that picture. The verse with the sonogram.... perfect.
Thank you! I'm hoping to print it out and hang it in the nursery in a few months too - a special reminder =)
Aw... Sweet baby bean!!!
Post a Comment