Saturday, November 02, 2013

From the City of Brotherly Love (and Sisterly Affection!)

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to travel to Philadelphia for the annual PRSA International Conference. And at 26 weeks, it will likely be my last work trip before Baby Bean arrives! 



Brian Solis, a popular marketing/social media/PR guru, gives the keynote address


Meeting new friends and networking with some amazing PR pros!




Taking a break for lunch - and a classic Philly cheesesteak! - at Reading Terminal Market


Before the end of the conference, I wandered over to the site of the former Bellevue-Stratford Hotel (now a Hyatt) to walk through the hotel where my Oma and Pop-Pop met for the first time on a blind date during WWII. It was amazing to walk through a part of my family's history!


Down the street from the hotel, I took a few photos at my Pop-Pop's medical school alma mater, Thomas Jefferson University.



The view from PHL before heading back to RDU. I felt strangely nostalgic, thinking about all we'd been through over the past few years, the amazing opportunities I've had to see the world, and the reality that this will likely be my last trip - work or personal - for at least a year. It may have been the hormones, but my eyes teared up as I reflected on what's past - and rejoiced at what we look forward is to come in February! God is good. 


No comments: