You can ask anyone in my family - I always have big dreams for crafting projects that somehow find their way to the back of my closet within a few years.
- Christmas stockings
- Scrapbooks
- Shadowboxes
- Pillows made out of cool scarves (I actually completed these!)
- Refinishing two French bistro chairs I bought at a garage sale for $5 TOTAL
So, the last one on the list had been staring me in the face for the past year and a half. In New York City, the chairs sat out on our balcony all year, and I never refinished them.
Since it's been pouring in Boston for about three days, I decided today would be a great day to check out this fabulous fabric store in Beantown that I've heard alot about - Winmil Fabrics.
Bingo! An hour later, I left with all the supplies I needed to recover my two chairs and another chair I found in our apartment basement on moving day! And the staff was SO helpful (considering that the only things I know about reupholstering come from watching hours of TLC's Trading Spaces and Googling "how to reupholster!").
Here are the before and after pics:
And I'm going to reupholster this chair in the reverse fabric (red background, white knots) and probably stain the wood a dark espresso.
I know it looks nasty now (ewwww!) - but I think it has some serious trash-and-treasure potential. Stay tuned....

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

3 comments:
Wow! Those chairs look great!! You'll have to show me how to do that! You make it look so easy! I can't wait to see the other chair completed! Sooo pretty!
good work laura! they look awesome. can't wait to see the other one! i LOVE trash-to-treasure :)
love the chair, i can't wait to see how it turns out!
Post a Comment