Monday, September 22, 2008

Sigur Ros Redux

2 1/2 years ago - May 2006 - Brian and I made our first trip to Boston.  We had just started dating a few weeks earlier, and Brian invited me to take a road trip with him to hear a crazy little band called Sigur Ros.



We took the Chinatown bus, stayed in a hostel near South Street Station, and hoofed it around Boston in what (then Governor) Mitt Romney had declared a "state of emergency." It POURED all weekend. But I didn't noticed. I was too busy getting to know the cute guy I was huddled under an umbrella with!






Brian stole a kiss from me under the gazebo in the rain - *sigh*



Me and Brian at the Sigur Ros concert - Boston, MA, May 2006


Last weekend, we went to our second Sigur Ros concert together. Same place. Same band. Very cool.  



Me and Brian at the Sigur Ros concert - Boston, MA, September 2008

In fact, we liked Sigur Ros so much, I walked down the aisle at our wedding to one of their songs, "Hoppipolla." We just cut out the vocals and looped the beautiful instrumental melody.

Who knew what 2 1/2 years would bring!

No comments: