Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



We had a pretty relaxing Saturday - just the two of us. I love days like that - snuggling under the covers, drinking coffee all day, and reading a good book.

I took Valentine's Day to start - and finish - "All Souls," a memoir about growing up in "Southie," a tough neighborhood in South Boston. Very good!

If I like a book, I tend to "eat" it up - and finish them pretty quickly. Other books that aren't so great sit on my nightstand for months at a time while I keep renewing them at the library and insisting on trying to finish each book I start from my book list.





We started off with a yummy brunch - cream-cheese stuffed French toast with strawberry sauce and candied lemon rind, bacon, and oranges. Believe it or not - the French toast recipe is from Cooking Light!



That afternoon, I went to the Institute for Contemporary Art to see the Shepard Fairey exhibit (Brian had to study) - and while I was walking back to the T, I saw a swan in the Boston Harbor! Who knew?



This is the famous Obama print that Fairey did during the 2008 presidential campaign.





The day ended with homemade Valentine's cookies from Chez Brian - delicious!

No comments: