Last weekend, I came across a great article in the Tico Times with advice on where to shop for fun little gifts for family and friends in the San Jose area. Every night after work this week, it's been fun to try to find a new store on the map and go check it out!
I can't tell you what I bought yet (because some of the people getting these gifts may be reading this blog), but I've had a lot of fun, and I always end up discovering a new part of town, including the awesome, bargain-basement store, Pequeño Mundo.
Last night, after I finished my shopping along Avenida Central, I stumbled across a Christmas choir performing in one of the small squares off of the main street. It was lovely! The performed a few traditional Costa Rican villancicos (Christmas carols) like "Los Peces en el Río" ("The Fish in the River") and a few more well-known songs like "The Carol of the Bells" ("Villancico de las Campanas"), "The First Noel" ("La Primera Navidad"), and "O Little Town of Bethlehem" ("Oh Pueblecito de Belén"). Dad, you would have loved to hear "The Carol of the Bells" in Spanish!
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment