When you go to Haiti, you learn that everyone has a story to tell about January 12, 2010. Most Americans of a certain age remember where they were when Kennedy was shot - or when they first heard about the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001. Haitians remember how their life changed last January. While I was in Haiti, I had the opportunity to meet an amazing new World Vision staff member, Faradhia, who has a story that is nothing short of a miracle. Over the course of a few days, we worked with a CNN reporter and producer to help Faradhia tell her story again around the anniversary of the disaster. You can watch that clip below.
Her story was the kind of story that makes me love my job even more. Stories like this don't come along every day, but when I have the opportunity to really help someone by helping them tell their story during a difficult time, it feels like, in some small way, I am helping them. And for that, I am grateful.
After her story aired on CNN, I wrote her story for World Vision's blog, too. You can read it below.
"Faradhia Moise walked into the Caribbean Market to pick up dinner for herself and her parents – they were going to have pizza that night – when the floor started to shake. “There was a really loud noise, and I thought the building was about to collapse,” she said, recalling that fateful day last January. She turned, ran, and then it was dark."

No comments:
Post a Comment