Saturday, January 29, 2011

Beautiful day

It's funny to think that it's January....and it's 75 degrees and sunny. (Apologies to all of our friends in New England!)  The school year is about to begin here (February 15), and it feels like summer vacation! 


One of my 2011 resolutions was to find a social service ministry to get involved with here in Costa Rica, and, this morning, I had the opportunity to spend time with a group of women at the "Rahab Foundation." It's a faith-based organization that helps at-risk youth and women who are involved (or were involved) in the sex industry. It provides them with vocational skills -- along with counseling and encouragement.  What a cool experience!

It was such a beautiful morning, that as I was walking home, I stopped for an ice cream cone and wandered through the parks near our apartment.  What a great way to start the weekend...


Ice cream and the park on a beautiful day! 



2 comments:

Matthew Mabrey said...

Wow, that sounds really cool LB. Would love to hear more about it and what end up doing with it.

Laura said...

Yeah, I hope something works out to help them! I'll give you guys the scoop in a month! =)