"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Psalm 42: 1 - 2
I felt like I got that much-needed drink of water today from our Living Water. A friend had invited me and my mom to join her women's Bible study group for breakfast. We spent the hour talking, drinking coffee, and just spending time together. Man, how I've missed having girlfriends! It.was.wonderful. Just what this girl needed!
The hardest part of our move here for me has been the isolation, the loneliness, the constant feeling of uncertainty that has accompanied me since we moved here. I often feel in between two worlds, and I usually end up somewhere in the middle. I'm not a Tica, and my lack of total Spanish fluency makes that even more evident. But I also don't want to spend all of my time with "gringas" and ex-pats here. If I wanted to meet more Americans, we could have just stayed in Boston!
So every day brings these feelings anew, and every day, it's a battle to remind myself that, if the Lord wants to use me and use me in this culture and context, He WILL. He will help me learn Spanish, He will introduce me to friends, He will comfort me when it gets lonely. Today was such a good reminder of that!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment