Sunday, March 06, 2011

Back from Bangkok

It's a funny feeling to leave Bangkok on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles on...Friday night at 6:30 p.m.  Time travel!  After a 15-hour flight from Bangkok to Los Angeles, a 15-hour layover in Los Angeles (great excuse to visit my sister and brother-in-law!), a 1-hour flight to Phoenix, a 1-hour layover, a 6-hour flight to San Jose, and a 30-minute taxi ride...I made it home! Phew. It's great to travel, and it's great to come home. I think I live my life either 1) wanting to travel or 2) wanting to come home. Funny how that works, isn't it?  


This week, our dear friends will be coming down for a visit to Costa Rica - bienvenidos B, B, E, and M!  In the meantime, I'll be editing the pictures from my Bangkok trip, but until then, here a just a few:


It's been nearly six months since my last haircut. So when I arrived in Bangkok after nearly 24 hours of travel and found out that my hotel room wasn't ready yet, it was a great excuse to get some pampering! Can you believe I got all of this attention for less than $20 USD?

The view from our longtail boat from Krabi, Thailand to Railay Beach, Thailand. A great weekend getaway with a new friend! Stunning.
Sunday mornings are great for catching up and catching your breath.  Today, I went for a walk with B to Bagelman's for my usual - a chai tea latte - and the woman, Flor, actually asked me where I'd been! She said she was thinking about me the other day and wondered why I hadn't been in for my chai tea lately. I think I may have made a new friend! It's good to be home.

No comments: