Monday, April 18, 2011

Tango time

Courtesy: RedCultura.com
Over the past few days, a tango group called Fantasia de Tango had a tango festival here in San Jose.  Last night, a friend and I went to check out the Sunday evening performance; it was amazing! And for only 6,000 colones (about $12 USD), it was a great deal too.

Funny timing because on Saturday, I walked past a little cafe/dance studio about a block from our house and met the tango instructor who invited me over for a free class! After going to the performance last night, I think I might be inspired to try it. Who's with me? 

PS: I forgot to mention the cute little old man who, when the lights when up after the performance ended, serenaded the entire theater with the rest of the final song. And he got a standing ovation! Loved him.

No comments: