Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bangkok breaks and banana spiders

After 24 hours of traveling, 3 different planes, and a nearly 13-hour time difference, we made it back home yesterday to find a few "welcome home" presents in our house, including two dead cockroaches and a GIANT SPIDER.


It.was.disgusting. 


And when I mean disgusting, I mean I heard a sound come out of my husband's mouth when he discovered it waiting for us in the bathroom that I never heard before.  Triple ick. Brian said he could "hear the spider walking around in the bathroom." We think it was a brown banana spider or a wolf spider. Arachnophobia anyone?





"Eight legs. Two fangs. And an attitude." - Arachnophobia


My husband, the hero of the day, killed it with a combination of Windex (my idea) and a flip-flop (his idea).  Needless to say, if he wasn't around to kill it, I would have moved out of our apartment permanently!  We'll return to your regularly scheduled blog updates soon, but in the meantime, here's a glimpse of what we discovered yesterday when we came home.  (Captions courtesy of my witty husband).


Nothing to see here, right? Just our bathroom floor. But look closer...
... closer still...
It was probably the biggest spider I've ever seen in person. And it was terrifying.
  
BOOM. In this picture, it's contemplating the many ways it could kill me.

No comments: