Saturday, June 25, 2011

Let the countdown begin

This blog started four years ago when B and I were planning to move from New York to Boston.  I had three months left in the city I had spent my young adult years in, and I wanted to make as many memories as I could before I left! 


Our first apartment, Harlem, New York (2007)
Then, when we were leaving Boston to head to San Jose, I started the same tradition in that city.
North End, Boston, MA (Betsy Lackey, PhotoByBetsy.com, 2009)
And now that we're staring down our last month of life as expats in Costa Rica, I'm realizing that there are quite a lot of things on my "to do" list before we go -- and a lot of things I'm excited about doing once we get back to the U.S.!  36 days and counting...


Tierras Enamoradas, Monteverde, Costa Rica (Brian Blank, 2011)
Here's a quick summary in no particular order:


Things still left to do in Costa Rica
1. Visit the Osa Peninsula.
2. Learn how to make gallo pinto.
3. Spend as much time as I can with my friend, Flor, and her family.
4.  Wander through El Museo del Arte Costariccense.
5. Go salsa dancing at Castro's .
(You can see the full list on the right side of my blog)


Things to do in the U.S.
1. Try Mark Bittman's list of "101 Simple Meals Ready in 10 Minutes or Less" for the month of August.
2. Drink Starbucks coffee more often (I know, I know! Costa Rica has some of the best coffee in the world, but I still crave those cinnamon dolce lattes at the 'bucks).
3. Wander through the dollar bin aisle at Target. (What? I'm easy to please).
4. Start working out again.
5. Get plugged into a church community again (We've SO missed that here!)

No comments: